Complaint handling & dispute resolution policy

Complaint handling and dispute resolution policy


How to make a complaint

Bill Schlink First National aims to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention.


You should first raise your issue with the agent who is handling your business. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, there are a number of options to make a complaint to us.


You can contact us:

Ø  By telephone (during business hours):

Telephone 9846 2111 and ask to speak to the Director

Ø  By email:

[email protected]

Ø  By fax:

9846 5241 (Attention: The Director)

Ø  By post:

15A Anderson Street, Templestowe, Vic, 3106


Please provide as much detail as possible about the nature of your complaint, including the outcome you would like.


If you need assistance in describing or making a complaint or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please feel free to contact us.


How we will handle your complaint

Our complaints officer will oversee the complaints process. This person is responsible for liaising with you and with relevant agency staff to ensure that the issues you have raised are fully examined, and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.


We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.


How long will it take?

We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, the lengthy of time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.


You will receive acknowledgment of receipt of the complaint within three business days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter and we will endeavour to finalise the matter within ten business days of receiving the complaint.


What action will we take in response to your complaint?

If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.


Some things we might do include:

Ø  Take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised.

Ø  Provide you with addition information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it.

Ø  Take steps to change or policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.


What if you’re still unhappy?

Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter to the Estate Agents Resolution Service (EARS) at Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV).


EARS is able to deal with enquiries and complaints about real estate agents. The service has been established within CAV to offer a dedicated service for information, advice and dispute resolution on real estate issues.


You can telephone EARS on 1300 73 70 30 weekdays to discuss your complaint.